When I was researching recipes to make during this gluten, dairy & sugar free period this was one of the first ones I came across. It sounded delicious and I was really eager to try it. This was my first experience using flour other than white flour. I think when I make this again I will make a few modifications, but here’s the recipe I followed:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together almond butter, pumpkin & eggs.
- Take 2 tea bags (like you would seep in hot water for your tea), cut open the top of the bags and pour the spices into the mixture. You can discard the pouch and the string 😉
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Grease a bread pan and then line it with parchment paper.
- Pour batter in pan and place in oven. Bake for 45 minutes. Let rest before slicing.
Welllllll…. I’ll say this. I tried to take it out of the pan before letting it ‘rest’. This was a big NO NO. As you can see from my picture the ‘bread’ completely fell apart. Luckily what the bread looks like doesn’t effect how it tastes 🙂 I made this at night, had a piece and then went to bed. The next day I went upstairs to eat some of it for breakfast and found it 90% gone! My brother and Dad (who aren’t all for trying new flours or foods) didn’t realize it wasn’t normal pumpkin bread and pretty much devoured it! I think that alone gives a testament for how yummy it was!
Next time I think I’ll add a bit of vanilla extract and would try agave instead of the honey. Also, when I poured the chai tea packets in I didn’t realize how big the contents of the spices were. (It may have been because it was a red chai roobios) But next time I’d probably put them in a small food processor to chop them up into smaller bits.
This recipe was found on the PaleoOMG site. It’s a wonderful recipe and I HIGHLY suggest making it!!