Do you know how to read food labels?
I mean, I get it, there are SO many things going on on food labels these days, it’s kinda hard to decipher what means what! This week’s Ask Juls video tackles food packaging!
What are the important things to remember:
1. EAT WHOLE FOODS! Try to avoid packaged foods as best you can and eat lots of fresh, organic fruits and veggies!
2. Remember that food companies have awesome marketing teams which will try to fool you!!! Put on your detective hat and investigate EVERY label.
3. The best thing you can do is to flip the package over and read the ingredients label. Look for recognizable ingredients and the less ingredients the better!
4. Look to see if the ingredients are organic (ESPECIALLY if there is soy, sugar and/or corn in the ingredients list).
5. Try not to get too overwhelmed. It really can be frustrating when you start reading labels because you’ll start to be aware of things that you were clueless to before. Like, how soy and sugar is basically is EVERYTHING! E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G!
Here are a 2 picture resources for you!
Want more info?
Check out a few of my older posts:
Wishing You A Pain Free Day!
Enter my Relaxation Package GIVEAWAY! From now until August 25th 🙂 Click here to out the details here!!!